I get deep satisfaction from cooking food for the people I care about and it's one of my favorite ways to help a family with a newborn.
Each time I've come home from having a baby(ies) cooking a meal is not my main priority. But you still have to eat so, being able to lift that stress off of a new mom, even if it's just for one meal, equals a less stress gift.
This fake lasagna recipe was one that my mom got from her sister and it's a meal we make regularly in our home, new baby or not. It's quick, easy to put together, and it's just different enough from traditional lasagna to be a nice change.
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
16 oz. egg noodles, cooked (my favorite to use are the No Yoke dumpling noodles)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. sour cream
jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb. ground beef
- Cook the noodles and drain.
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat and warm, remove from stove top.
- Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and cooked noodles.
- Pour all of the noodle mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
Pour all of the spaghetti sauce on top of cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.
Enjoy with a salad and garlic bread!
My Liam a couple weeks old. Now he's 13.5 months and I'm missing this infant phase.