Simple October

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Housewarming Gift

While getting ready to write this post I noticed that, like the Hostess Gift I shared last week, this gift was also for my sister and her husband. They had a big year in 2014. Lots to celebrate, including a move into a new home.

 
 
This was a very simple gift to pull together and can be adapted for any budget or style. For instance, I made the fabric bin and monogrammed the towel with come fabric however, you could just as easily purchase a basket and decorated dish towel. Hobby Lobby and Michaels sell some cute containers and baskets at great prices. Use one of their store coupons or purchase during their weekly sales and they are even more budget friendly.


 
My sister told me a month or so before this that she wanted some of these lids and straws to use on her new porch. I wanted to make sure she had the jars to use the lids with so, I included Mason jars with them. These will be nice for sipping iced tea on their porch this summer.
I also included some recipe cards and soy wax melts from the always wonderful, Grace from
Grace Note Candle Co. Her wax melts are amazing!
 
I tucked all the goodies inside the chevron container with a little tissue paper. Tied a ribbon around the front and clipped a couple tags I already had with a note. Easy and simple. Budget friendly and thoughtful.
 
Thoughtfulness goes a long way! So, if you are worried that you don't have it all together or feel like you have to give something big to mean something, just remember that it's what's from your heart that truly matters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment